Unique new trends are discovered and showcased at the German Brand Awards. Ultimately this benefits not only the winners, but the entire brand economy. With an annual reach of around 315 million people, and the positive response it generates among companies, agencies and service providers, this competition is testament to the importance of excellent brand management. Both the awards ceremony and the German Brand Convention – a dialogue-based event to promote networking and the exchange of know-how – will be held in Berlin in June 2020. The German Brand Awards competition provides a forum for brand, communication and marketing experts, and promotes dialogue on current issues and future strategies.
The German Brand Awards 2020 is divided into two separate categories: "Excellent Brands" honours the best product and corporate brands in a specific sector, and "Excellence in Brand Strategy and Creation" recognises the strongest campaigns, concepts and strategies from individual specialist disciplines. Additional categories based around these two main branches of the competition pay tribute to the “Best of Best" across all sectors and disciplines.
The most important information at a glance:
- For more information and to register, please visit https://register.german-brand-award.com/
- Early bird deadline: 06 December 2019
- Registration deadline: 14 February 2020
- The awards ceremony and the German Brand Convention will be held in Berlin on 18 June 2020
- Jury Chair: Andrej Kupetz, CEO of the German Design Council, Frankfurt am Main
- Dr. Saskia Diehl, Managing Director of GMK Brand Consulting, Cologne
- Lutz Dietzold, Managing Director of the German Design Council, Frankfurt am Main
- Günter Moeller, Managing Director at hm+p Hermann, Moeller + Partner, Munich
- Stefan Raake, Managing Director at AMC Finanzmarkt GmbH, Düsseldorf
- Prof. Dr. Simone Roth, Professor in Marketing at Ruhr West University of Applied Sciences, Mülheim
- Christian Rummel, Deputy Global Head of Brand Communications & Corporate Social Responsibility at Deutsche Bank AG, Frankfurt am Main
- Prof. Mike Richter, Vice Dean Darmstadt University of Applied Sciences, Co-Founder of iconmobile GmbH, Berlin
German Design Council
The German Design Council is one of the world's leading centres of excellence for communication and knowledge transfer in the Design, Innovation and Branding sector. Currently, its Foundation numbers more than 320 member companies. The German Design Council was founded in 1953 on an initiative of the German Federal Parliament to support and enhance the design expertise of German industry. It pursues a wide range of activities with a single goal: to promote awareness of how to increase brand value on a sustained basis through the strategic use of design.